As of 1st October 2018 ALL Houses of multiple occupation are now required to be licensed. Previously only larger HMO’s of 3 or more storeys AND 5 or more persons forming 2 or more households were required to hold a license. However as of 1st October 2018 it is now mandatory that all HMO’s with 5 or more people forming 2 or more households are required to be licensed regardless of how many storeys the building has. As one of the only letting agents in Chelmsford that actively provides HMO management in Chelmsford we are able to help.
There are also new minimum prescribed requirements for room sizes, amenities provided and requiring landlords to adhere to council refuse schemes. Fire safety regulations must also be followed using the LACORS guidance. Further information on the subject can be found on the government website https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/houses-in-multiple-occupation-and-residential-property-licensing-reform-guidance-for-local-housing-authorities
Charles David Casson already manage a number of houses of multiple occupation in Chelmsford and can even provide guaranteed rent to the landlords of these properties. We are assisting many landlords in obtaining their licence and if you haven’s already submitted your licence application then you could be liable to a fine. If you own an HMO in Chelmsford and are worried if you are compliant with the latest legislation then contact our HMO Manager Jonathan Maidment on 01245 835859 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. We have a fantastic relationship with the licensing officers at Chelmsford City Council and will be able to assist you through the process.
- How to wow buyers with your Chelmsford home’s kerb appeal - 17th April 2021
- The Danger Of Over Valuing In The Chelmsford Market - 16th April 2021
- Over 1 in 3 Chelmsford Properties Being Sold with No Chain - 10th April 2021
- Why now, more than ever, it is essential to choose the right estate agent to sell your home in Chelmsford - 9th April 2021
- Top Tips to make moving in together in Chelmsford a success - 3rd April 2021
- Chelmsford Property Market: 2011-2021 - 1st April 2021
- The ‘search for space’ is driving buyers in Chelmsford - 26th March 2021
- Chelmsford Property Market improved by 34.9% over pre-pandemic levels - 24th March 2021
- How to manage the stress of moving home in Chelmsford. - 20th March 2021
- Chelmsford First-Time Buyers Can Now Buy Using 5% Deposit Mortgages - 17th March 2021