As of 1st October 2018 ALL Houses of multiple occupation are now required to be licensed. Previously only larger HMO’s of 3 or more storeys AND 5 or more persons forming 2 or more households were required to hold a license. However as of 1st October 2018 it is now mandatory that all HMO’s with 5 or more people forming 2 or more households are required to be licensed regardless of how many storeys the building has. As one of the only letting agents in Chelmsford that actively provides HMO management in Chelmsford we are able to help.
There are also new minimum prescribed requirements for room sizes, amenities provided and requiring landlords to adhere to council refuse schemes. Fire safety regulations must also be followed using the LACORS guidance. Further information on the subject can be found on the government website https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/houses-in-multiple-occupation-and-residential-property-licensing-reform-guidance-for-local-housing-authorities
Charles David Casson already manage a number of houses of multiple occupation in Chelmsford and can even provide guaranteed rent to the landlords of these properties. We are assisting many landlords in obtaining their licence and if you haven’s already submitted your licence application then you could be liable to a fine. If you own an HMO in Chelmsford and are worried if you are compliant with the latest legislation then contact our HMO Manager Jonathan Maidment on 01245 835859 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. We have a fantastic relationship with the licensing officers at Chelmsford City Council and will be able to assist you through the process.
- Buyers, are you making these mistakes searching for a home? - 18th July 2019
- Is your rental home protected in Chelmsford this summer? - 18th July 2019
- Only 40.2% of Chelmsford Households are Eco-friendly - 10th July 2019
- 5 ways to turn chaos into calm, selling your home with children - 9th July 2019
- We have been selected to join the Federation of Independent Estate Agents - 9th July 2019
- 7 essential ways to keep your property compliant - 8th July 2019
- The Chelmsford Monopoly Board - 3rd July 2019
- 12.6% of all Properties Sold in Chelmsford are New Builds - 26th June 2019
- Chelmsford Council House Waiting List Drops by 28.4% since 2011 - 17th June 2019
- Do we have the right sort of Chelmsford homes for the 21st Century - 14th June 2019