As of 1st October 2018 ALL Houses of multiple occupation are now required to be licensed. Previously only larger HMO’s of 3 or more storeys AND 5 or more persons forming 2 or more households were required to hold a license. However as of 1st October 2018 it is now mandatory that all HMO’s with 5 or more people forming 2 or more households are required to be licensed regardless of how many storeys the building has. As one of the only letting agents in Chelmsford that actively provides HMO management in Chelmsford we are able to help.
There are also new minimum prescribed requirements for room sizes, amenities provided and requiring landlords to adhere to council refuse schemes. Fire safety regulations must also be followed using the LACORS guidance. Further information on the subject can be found on the government website https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/houses-in-multiple-occupation-and-residential-property-licensing-reform-guidance-for-local-housing-authorities
Charles David Casson already manage a number of houses of multiple occupation in Chelmsford and can even provide guaranteed rent to the landlords of these properties. We are assisting many landlords in obtaining their licence and if you haven’s already submitted your licence application then you could be liable to a fine. If you own an HMO in Chelmsford and are worried if you are compliant with the latest legislation then contact our HMO Manager Jonathan Maidment on 01245 835859 or email email@example.com for further information. We have a fantastic relationship with the licensing officers at Chelmsford City Council and will be able to assist you through the process.
- How the Chelmsford housing market has changed in 20 years - 13th November 2018
- Changes to Section 21 as of 1st October 2018 - 12th October 2018
- What do homebuyers in Chelmsford really look for? - 10th October 2018
- Changes to HMO licensing regulations as of 1st October 2018 - 10th October 2018
- Land & New Homes Department instructed to sell 3 New Build homes in Chelmsford - 8th October 2018
- Charles David Casson win the contract to manage 4 HMO’s in Chelmsford. - 8th August 2018
- Which are the most expensive roads to live on in Chelmsford - 10th July 2018
- Charles David Casson renew their client money protection - 11th June 2018
- How to increase the value of your Chelmsford property - 17th May 2018
- More good news ahead for Chelmsford - 18th April 2018