Our summer wardrobe is out, and our slightly rouge tones will suggest that we have been loving this beautiful weather we have been having. There’s been no slowing down of the property market over the last few weeks, so you will often seeing us dashing from one appointment to another. We have loved meeting so many wonderful local people wishing to fulfil their desire to move home, whether that’s to upsize, downsize or buy for the first time. The sun has a way of adding a touch of sparkle to a home, which is why it is crucial to make the most of that glorious sunshine when selling your home in Chelmsford.
Let them shine
Whilst you are busying making sure your home’s interior is perfect, there are often little jobs that can get missed, and one of them is your windows. As the ground is so dry, there can be a lot of dust around, which will often migrate, leaving your windows with a bit of film of muck. If you have a window cleaner regularly, you have nothing to worry about. If you don’t, you may want to increase their visits or start instructing one, so your windows always look crystal clear; this is very important to make use of all this gorgeous natural light.
Let it pour in
With your windows shining, you want to make use of all the natural light that pours into your home. You may have been keeping blinds closed to keep your home cooler, but for a buyer, a dark or grey room is not as attractive as one filled with an abundance of natural light. Ensure all your blinds are open entirely and tie your curtains back so they will not be flapping around in the breeze.
Let in some air
After months of stuffiness due to the not so nice weather, isn’t it fantastic to be able to open your windows and doors and have your home filled with fresh air? It’s also a great way of helping to get rid of slight niggly odours and adds a sense of calmness and that all-important feeling of home. On the day of a viewing, open your windows, and ensure your estate agent has all the keys to open the doors, so your home is beautifully ventilated.
Let summer appear
Our homes are an extension of our personal style and tastes; how you’ve decorated yours will be different to your neighbours. Neutral tones are always preferred when selling your home, and at this time of year, add some fun summer shades as accents. Warm winter tones with fluffy textiles are great for those colder months when we all wish to snuggle, but at this time of year, clean, fresh and fun is the look you are going for, as this will appeal to this season’s buyers.
Let colours pop
It isn’t just inside your home where you need to think of colour; focus on the outside of your home too. From your front door to your hanging basket to the flowerbeds or pots in your garden, you need to get busy wherever you can add colour. There are many places you can buy plants of all shades for your home; remember to add something to the front of your property and the back, so all areas feel loved and cared for. Check out the local allotments, garden centres and even the Springfield Hub Facebook page, as there are a wealth of choices for all budgets.
Let the sun help to sell
It’s easy to let the sunshine help sell your Chelmsford home this summer, but even though properties are selling quickly, if you want the best possible price, you must do all you can to make your house looks and feels its best.
For more advice on how to get your home sold fast this summer, call our team on 01245 835859.
- With Chelmsford Tenants Deposits Totalling £9,012,981, How Will ‘Lifetime Deposits’ Change the Chelmsford Rental Market? - 18th November 2021
- Is the Chelmsford Property Market Running Out of Steam? - 12th November 2021
- Would You Re-mortgage Your Chelmsford Home to Help Your Child Onto the Property Ladder? - 8th November 2021
- Ideas for keeping you and your Chelmsford home warm this winter - 5th November 2021
- How to support your dog through Bonfire Night in Chelmsford - 29th October 2021
- Chelmsford Homeowners to Face Post-Lockdown Mortgage Rate Rise of £1,067 a Year - 28th October 2021
- Has Buy-to-let Changed the Chelmsford Property Market? - 22nd October 2021
- The damaged caused when your home doesn’t sell quickly in Chelmsford - 22nd October 2021
- Are Chelmsford House Prices Set to Fall this Autumn? - 13th October 2021
- How to sell your Chelmsford home this Halloween - 7th October 2021