If you have ever sold your home, you will be all too familiar with the pressure to make the property look tip-top in time for a viewing. Your home must appeal to the most likely type of person to buy it, so it’s vital to understand a bit about the demand profile in your area. The chart above shows the demographic profile of our part of the world. But what do home buyers in Chelmsford really look for?
While the specific needs of buyers can vary quite widely, there are some must-haves which are usually on top of most people’s lists. You can’t do much about the size or location of your home, but there are some things you can do which make all the difference. For example, clever use of light and space can really pump-up the ‘wow’ factor of any property.
Yet what most people really want is a home that will increase in value over the long term. The rewards of getting it right are substantial. The average price of a mid-market property here has risen by 9.4 per cent per year since 2001, equal to an annual increase of approximately £12,600. The top 5% by price have risen by 8.8 per cent per year while the top 1% have seen annual growth of 6.5%.
To sell your home in the quickest time possible and get better than the asking price, it’s important to understand buyers’ mindsets. If you have any questions or are thinking of selling your Chelmsford property, get in touch with us. We’re always on-hand to give you the latest market intelligence.
You can download the PDF and read the full report here by clicking CPU Oct 18
- How the Chelmsford housing market has changed in 20 years - 13th November 2018
- Changes to Section 21 as of 1st October 2018 - 12th October 2018
- What do homebuyers in Chelmsford really look for? - 10th October 2018
- Changes to HMO licensing regulations as of 1st October 2018 - 10th October 2018
- Land & New Homes Department instructed to sell 3 New Build homes in Chelmsford - 8th October 2018
- Charles David Casson win the contract to manage 4 HMO’s in Chelmsford. - 8th August 2018
- Which are the most expensive roads to live on in Chelmsford - 10th July 2018
- Charles David Casson renew their client money protection - 11th June 2018
- How to increase the value of your Chelmsford property - 17th May 2018
- More good news ahead for Chelmsford - 18th April 2018