If you have ever sold your home, you will be all too familiar with the pressure to make the property look tip-top in time for a viewing. Your home must appeal to the most likely type of person to buy it, so it’s vital to understand a bit about the demand profile in your area. The chart above shows the demographic profile of our part of the world. But what do home buyers in Chelmsford really look for?
While the specific needs of buyers can vary quite widely, there are some must-haves which are usually on top of most people’s lists. You can’t do much about the size or location of your home, but there are some things you can do which make all the difference. For example, clever use of light and space can really pump-up the ‘wow’ factor of any property.
Yet what most people really want is a home that will increase in value over the long term. The rewards of getting it right are substantial. The average price of a mid-market property here has risen by 9.4 per cent per year since 2001, equal to an annual increase of approximately £12,600. The top 5% by price have risen by 8.8 per cent per year while the top 1% have seen annual growth of 6.5%.
To sell your home in the quickest time possible and get better than the asking price, it’s important to understand buyers’ mindsets. If you have any questions or are thinking of selling your Chelmsford property, get in touch with us. We’re always on-hand to give you the latest market intelligence.
You can download the PDF and read the full report here by clicking CPU Oct 18
- Buyers, are you making these mistakes searching for a home? - 18th July 2019
- Is your rental home protected in Chelmsford this summer? - 18th July 2019
- Only 40.2% of Chelmsford Households are Eco-friendly - 10th July 2019
- 5 ways to turn chaos into calm, selling your home with children - 9th July 2019
- We have been selected to join the Federation of Independent Estate Agents - 9th July 2019
- 7 essential ways to keep your property compliant - 8th July 2019
- The Chelmsford Monopoly Board - 3rd July 2019
- 12.6% of all Properties Sold in Chelmsford are New Builds - 26th June 2019
- Chelmsford Council House Waiting List Drops by 28.4% since 2011 - 17th June 2019
- Do we have the right sort of Chelmsford homes for the 21st Century - 14th June 2019