If you have ever sold your home, you will be all too familiar with the pressure to make the property look tip-top in time for a viewing. Your home must appeal to the most likely type of person to buy it, so it’s vital to understand a bit about the demand profile in your area. The chart above shows the demographic profile of our part of the world. But what do home buyers in Chelmsford really look for?
While the specific needs of buyers can vary quite widely, there are some must-haves which are usually on top of most people’s lists. You can’t do much about the size or location of your home, but there are some things you can do which make all the difference. For example, clever use of light and space can really pump-up the ‘wow’ factor of any property.
Yet what most people really want is a home that will increase in value over the long term. The rewards of getting it right are substantial. The average price of a mid-market property here has risen by 9.4 per cent per year since 2001, equal to an annual increase of approximately £12,600. The top 5% by price have risen by 8.8 per cent per year while the top 1% have seen annual growth of 6.5%.
To sell your home in the quickest time possible and get better than the asking price, it’s important to understand buyers’ mindsets. If you have any questions or are thinking of selling your Chelmsford property, get in touch with us. We’re always on-hand to give you the latest market intelligence.
You can download the PDF and read the full report here by clicking CPU Oct 18
- The 2020 Review of the Chelmsford Property Market - 23rd November 2020
- The rise of multi generational living in Chelmsford - 20th November 2020
- As Chelmsford First-time Buyers are Being Locked Out of the Chelmsford Property Market – Rents Have Risen by 4.2% - 16th November 2020
- What a difference a floorplan makes when selling your home in Chelmsford - 13th November 2020
- Each Chelmsford Landlord Could be Hit By a £28,413 Bill - 11th November 2020
- How to make the most of the national lockdown in Chelmsford - 9th November 2020
- Chelmsford House Prices 2021: What will happen to the value of your Chelmsford home next year? - 31st October 2020
- How YOU can aid the process of selling your home in Chelmsford - 30th October 2020
- Chelmsford Homebuyers Have Saved £823,330 Thanks to the Stamp Duty Holiday – Yet Many Could Miss Out - 24th October 2020
- Top tips for buying a period property in Chelmsford - 23rd October 2020