If you have ever sold your home, you will be all too familiar with the pressure to make the property look tip-top in time for a viewing. Your home must appeal to the most likely type of person to buy it, so it’s vital to understand a bit about the demand profile in your area. The chart above shows the demographic profile of our part of the world. But what do home buyers in Chelmsford really look for?
While the specific needs of buyers can vary quite widely, there are some must-haves which are usually on top of most people’s lists. You can’t do much about the size or location of your home, but there are some things you can do which make all the difference. For example, clever use of light and space can really pump-up the ‘wow’ factor of any property.
Yet what most people really want is a home that will increase in value over the long term. The rewards of getting it right are substantial. The average price of a mid-market property here has risen by 9.4 per cent per year since 2001, equal to an annual increase of approximately £12,600. The top 5% by price have risen by 8.8 per cent per year while the top 1% have seen annual growth of 6.5%.
To sell your home in the quickest time possible and get better than the asking price, it’s important to understand buyers’ mindsets. If you have any questions or are thinking of selling your Chelmsford property, get in touch with us. We’re always on-hand to give you the latest market intelligence.
You can download the PDF and read the full report here by clicking CPU Oct 18
- Chelmsford House Prices Have Risen by 174% as a Proportion of Household Income Since 1980 - 15th January 2020
- 151 Chelmsford Landlords each risk a £5,000 fine in Spring 2020 - 15th January 2020
- The £3.9 billion mortgage debt of Chelmsford homeowners - 15th January 2020
- What is gazumping, and how can you stop it happening to you? - 2nd January 2020
- 7 home resolutions to follow if selling in Chelmsford in 2020 - 2nd January 2020
- Chelmsford Property Values 1.8% Higher Year-on-Year - 30th December 2019
- 29,157 People Live in Rented Accommodation in Chelmsford - 30th December 2019
- 7 top tips for moving home at Christmas - 18th December 2019
- How to keep your home safe this Christmas in Chelmsford - 11th December 2019
- 6 reasons why you should keep your property on the market this winter - 3rd December 2019