We are all aware that some neighbourhoods command a premium over others, yet it’s often the desirability of specific roads that makes all the difference. Whether it’s because they have built their own favourable reputation over time or simply their proximity to amenities, transport or schools, some roads cost significantly more to live on than others.
This theme is replicated across the whole of the UK, from the Bishop’s Avenue in north London, to Deansgate in Manchester and Little Aston in Birmingham. But everywhere must have a most expensive street even outside the big cities. So with that in mind, we looked for the most expensive roads in Chelmsford, and how much of a premium they command.
The most expensive street in our area is St Johns Green with properties costing £895,000, 171.1 per cent more than the local average. This is followed by Armistice Avenue, where property prices average £642,000, 94.5 per cent more than the average. Both these areas have a winning formula of high quality housing stock and excellent location.
If you own a property on either of these roads you are in a strong selling position. But it’s not just properties in these streets that are in demand; the average house price in Chelmsford has increased by 40 per cent over the last five years. It’s clear there is a healthy demand for properties, no matter whereabouts in the area they are located.
Buy-to-let landlords in Chelmsford will be pleased to know that there are pockets of value all over our area. The dynamics which underpin the market mean there is no shortage of investment opportunities, whatever your budget. The rising demand for rental property has never been higher from tenants and we’re here to make sure you succeed.
Chelmsford has a strong and healthy property market with buoyant demand levels. This means that now is a good time to own a property here, no matter where it’s situated. If you would like to know more about the Chelmsford property market, give us a call, tweet, email or pop into our office for a friendly chat.
Click here to read the full report: CPU Jul 18
- Buyers, are you making these mistakes searching for a home? - 18th July 2019
- Is your rental home protected in Chelmsford this summer? - 18th July 2019
- Only 40.2% of Chelmsford Households are Eco-friendly - 10th July 2019
- 5 ways to turn chaos into calm, selling your home with children - 9th July 2019
- We have been selected to join the Federation of Independent Estate Agents - 9th July 2019
- 7 essential ways to keep your property compliant - 8th July 2019
- The Chelmsford Monopoly Board - 3rd July 2019
- 12.6% of all Properties Sold in Chelmsford are New Builds - 26th June 2019
- Chelmsford Council House Waiting List Drops by 28.4% since 2011 - 17th June 2019
- Do we have the right sort of Chelmsford homes for the 21st Century - 14th June 2019