In the last few hours, the Chancellor of the Exchequer, Rishi Sunak, has stated the Stamp Duty Holiday for Chelmsford properties up to £500,000 will be extended from 31st March 2021 to the 30th June 2021; and to ensure we don’t have a cliff edge, from 1st July 2021, the Stamp Duty Holiday will apply only on properties up to £250,000 until the end of 30th September 2021.
From the 1st October 2021 Stamp Duty thresholds and levels will return to pre-pandemic levels.
To help Chelmsford first-time buyers, the Chancellor confirmed that there will be Government guaranteed 95% mortgages available from April, on the purchase of properties up to the value of £600,000. This means Chelmsford first times buyers will be able to buy their first home with just a 5% deposit.
Chelmsford landlords will also be pleased there was no statement on Capital Gains Tax, although this will have to be addressed in the years to come.
Chelmsford tenants, those hardest hit with unemployment and job uncertainty, will also be pleased to hear that the Furlough Scheme will be extended to the 30th September 2021.
It is my intention to publish a greater in-depth article early/mid next week to discuss these topics and what it actually means at a more granular level for homeowners, Chelmsford property buyers, Chelmsford tenants and Chelmsford landlords.
- With Chelmsford Tenants Deposits Totalling £9,012,981, How Will ‘Lifetime Deposits’ Change the Chelmsford Rental Market? - 18th November 2021
- Is the Chelmsford Property Market Running Out of Steam? - 12th November 2021
- Would You Re-mortgage Your Chelmsford Home to Help Your Child Onto the Property Ladder? - 8th November 2021
- Ideas for keeping you and your Chelmsford home warm this winter - 5th November 2021
- How to support your dog through Bonfire Night in Chelmsford - 29th October 2021
- Chelmsford Homeowners to Face Post-Lockdown Mortgage Rate Rise of £1,067 a Year - 28th October 2021
- Has Buy-to-let Changed the Chelmsford Property Market? - 22nd October 2021
- The damaged caused when your home doesn’t sell quickly in Chelmsford - 22nd October 2021
- Are Chelmsford House Prices Set to Fall this Autumn? - 13th October 2021
- How to sell your Chelmsford home this Halloween - 7th October 2021