We think your ideal home says a lot about you. If the world were your oyster, would you go for something Victorian, Georgian, a duplex apartment, new build house, or maybe a farm? Given that we live in Chelmsford, obviously our choices are somewhat limited by reality, but what are the hottest types of property and what does this mean for sellers?
The time it takes to sell your home depends on three principal things; price, condition and location. Price is the most important factor and where you set it will directly affect how long your home takes to sell. It is worth being aware of reasonably significant differences in average time-to-sell across the country so you can manage your expectations. For example, data released by Post Office Money showed that the average time on the market in Bristol is currently 61 days compared with 77 days in Leeds, 84 days in Brighton and 111 days in London.
In Chelmsford, the most common type of property is a 3 bed house. In fact, 43.6 per cent of all families in the area live in such a home. We see a lot of this kind of property come onto the market, but more compact homes are also in high demand, particularly in more central areas. One of the best things about our area is the broad variety of homebuyers all looking for their own perfect next home.
We know the most common type of property in Chelmsford, but which kind of home changes hands most often? Unfortunately, the Land Registry does not tell us the bedroom count of homes that have sold, so we only know whether they were flats, terraces, semis or detached homes. As such, we can see that it is flats which transact most frequently.
Buy-to-let landlords will want to pay extra attention to local demographics and the most sought-after property types. The most popular property types will rent faster than other ones because of demand, which means they will also command a higher rental premium. It is also worth understanding the factors which affect your market seasonally like graduates starting their first job.
So we know that flats are sold most often in Chelmsford but most families live in a 3 bed house. In reality, we have a vast cross-section of homebuyers always looking for the perfect next home. If you are looking for someone who understands the market to help ensure you get the optimum price when you come to sell, please get in touch with us by giving us a ring.
Please click here for the full report CPU Feb 18
- Buyers, are you making these mistakes searching for a home? - 18th July 2019
- Is your rental home protected in Chelmsford this summer? - 18th July 2019
- Only 40.2% of Chelmsford Households are Eco-friendly - 10th July 2019
- 5 ways to turn chaos into calm, selling your home with children - 9th July 2019
- We have been selected to join the Federation of Independent Estate Agents - 9th July 2019
- 7 essential ways to keep your property compliant - 8th July 2019
- The Chelmsford Monopoly Board - 3rd July 2019
- 12.6% of all Properties Sold in Chelmsford are New Builds - 26th June 2019
- Chelmsford Council House Waiting List Drops by 28.4% since 2011 - 17th June 2019
- Do we have the right sort of Chelmsford homes for the 21st Century - 14th June 2019