A property’s desirability is often a popular subject when we are talking to homeowners and local investors. Sure, you will find that Kirsty and Phil are right, and it is all about “location, location, location”, but the savvy property hunter has something else on their minds these days, and that is “education, education, education”.
More and more people searching for a home are looking at a property’s proximity to a good school before signing on the dotted line. If you already have children, the importance of this cannot be taken lightly, while it is also something to think about for those who are planning on starting a family in the near future.
Ofsted report and rank all schools in the UK, with their results having a huge effect on how desirable a school is. Consequently, this has a knock-on effect on demand for nearby housing.
If you look at the league tables, you will see that Perryfields Junior School is one of the best local primary schools in Chelmsford.
The figures don’t lie: in the last academic year, 88% of year six students hit the nationally expected target of level four and higher in the key areas of reading, writing and maths. It was also found that 37% of pupils hit the “above national average” level five. You can’t argue with a low pupil to teacher ratio either. Perryfields Junior School has an average class size of 23.9, which means more teacher attention for each pupil and a greater chance of child progression.
These excellent results have impacted both local schools and property prices. The 250m zone around Perryfields Junior School has an average sold property price of £424,000 in the third quarter of 2016, whereas 4km away the average sold property price was £341,000, a 19.6% premium.
Please click here to read the full report.
- How to wow buyers with your Chelmsford home’s kerb appeal - 17th April 2021
- The Danger Of Over Valuing In The Chelmsford Market - 16th April 2021
- Over 1 in 3 Chelmsford Properties Being Sold with No Chain - 10th April 2021
- Why now, more than ever, it is essential to choose the right estate agent to sell your home in Chelmsford - 9th April 2021
- Top Tips to make moving in together in Chelmsford a success - 3rd April 2021
- Chelmsford Property Market: 2011-2021 - 1st April 2021
- The ‘search for space’ is driving buyers in Chelmsford - 26th March 2021
- Chelmsford Property Market improved by 34.9% over pre-pandemic levels - 24th March 2021
- How to manage the stress of moving home in Chelmsford. - 20th March 2021
- Chelmsford First-Time Buyers Can Now Buy Using 5% Deposit Mortgages - 17th March 2021